Bomb in Bangkok – level 1
This news is from Thailand. A man is in Bangkok. He has a backpack. He leaves it near a shrine. A security camera films him.
There is an explosion. Maybe, a bomb is in the backpack. The explosion kills 22 people. It wounds over 100 people.
Police are looking for the man. People mourn the dead. They bring them flowers and candles.
Difficult words: shrine (a place where people come to talk to a god or gods), wound (to damage the body), mourn (to be sad because somebody is dead).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this explosion?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.