Bombings in Turkey – level 1
Ankara is a city. It is the capital of Turkey. Two bombs explode in Ankara. At least 95 people die. The bombs badly injure sixty-five people.
Because of the bombs, people protest. They blame the government. People blame the president, too.
Difficult words: injured (to have problems with the body), blame (to say that somebody is responsible for something bad), government (the bosses of a country).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the bombings?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.