Bombings in Turkey – level 2
Two explosions in Turkey’s capital, Ankara, killed at least 95 people. They seriously injured sixty-five people. One day afterwards, thousands of people took part in protests.
Protestors chanted anti-government slogans, and some accused the president of being responsible for the violence.
The Turkish government described the bombing in Ankara as a terrorist attack, the most deadly one in Turkey.
Difficult words: chant (to say or sing something together), accuse (to say that somebody did something wrong).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the bombings?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.