Bond’s Day of the Dead – level 1
Day of the Dead is a holiday. It is from Mexico. Millions of people celebrate the holiday. They visit graves. They drink and sing to the dead.
This year is a little different. There is an event in Mexico City. It is a parade. People walk in the streets. They sing, dance and have fun. They wear costumes. Many people watch the parade.
The parade is new to Mexico. It is James Bond’s parade. Why? There is a parade in the film “Spectre”. The two parades are very similar.
Difficult words: grave (where we bury dead people), parade (when people walk through the streets and do something special), costume (clothes which make you look like something else).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.