Boris Johnson´s New Baby – level 1
Boris Johnson is the British Prime Minister. He becomes a father of a baby boy on Wednesday. The baby is Johnson´s sixth child. Johnson´s fiancée is the baby´s mother. Her name is Carrie Symonds.
The boy is born in a hospital in London. He is healthy. Symonds is healthy, too. People do not know the boy´s name yet. Many people think that it will be Wilfred, Winston, or Alexander.
In April, Johnson is in hospital. He spends one week there. He has the coronavirus. The situation is serious. Doctors worry about Johnson.
Johnson is healthy now. On Monday, he returns to work. He wants to start the British economy. However, the start must be slow. Johnson is worried. He thinks that there can be a second coronavirus outbreak.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.