Boston Marathon Bomber – level 2
On the 15th of April, 2013, the Tsarnaev brothers carried out a bombing attack during the Boston Marathon. The brothers detonated two bombs near the finish line of the race. The explosion killed three people, and it injured hundreds of others.
The police killed Tamerlan Tsarnaev; however, his brother ran away. The police found him four days later. In 2018, the court found Dzhokar Tsarnaev guilty, and sentenced him to death.
Last week, a federal court found out that the trial was not right, and the court said that it was possible that some jurors were not fair. The court must decide again; however, the federal court said that the sentence should be similar.
Difficult words: detonate (to make a bomb explode), juror (a person who belongs to a group of people who decide if you are guilty or innocent at court), sentence (what a court decides).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos