Boy has new hands – level 1
A boy is sick. He has a very bad infection. Doctors cut off his hands and feet. They give him prosthetic legs. He can walk, run and jump.
Now, he has a long operation. He has a double hand transplant. He is the youngest person to get this.
He must exercise his new hands. This can take weeks.
Difficult words: infection (a type of disease which can destroy a part of your body), prosthetic (a part of your body that is not natural), transplant (when doctors take off a part of the body and give it to somebody else).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this boy’s new hands?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos