Boy Hits a Painting – level 2
In Taipei, there is an exhibition of artwork by Leonardo da Vinci, and by artists who he influenced. One boy at the exhibition lost his balance and put his hand through a painting. That painting is worth around $1.5 million.
A camera filmed the moment when this happened. You can see that the boy did not do this on purpose. He was probably listening to his teacher and was not looking where he was going.
The exhibition organisers will not charge the boy. They say that the painting can be easily restored. However, this incident can make people think about protecting paintings in the future.
Difficult words: influence (if an artist is influenced by another artists, their work is similar), on purpose (if you do something on purpose, you want to do it), charge (to say that somebody did something bad and make them go to court).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the accident with the painting?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.