Boy in a washing machine – level 3
Firefighters have rescued a two-year-old boy in China who became stuck in a washing machine.
The little one managed to get his leg stuck tightly in the basket of the spin dryer after climbing in to fetch his toy on Thursday.
His parents carried the machine out of the house and called local firefighters for help.
Crews rushed to the site and took the washer apart in order to free the boy as soon as possible. Several rescuers gradually cut the washer open and after about half an hour, the boy was rescued.
The two-year-old was then sent to hospital but luckily wasn’t injured.
Difficult words: gradually (slowly and step by step).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.