Boy in Aleppo – level 2
People pulled a five-year-old boy from the rubble in Aleppo. Air strikes targeted his home, but he was the lucky one.
At least three people died in the attack on the rebel-held neighbourhood in the east of the city. Several others were badly injured.
Somebody filmed the boy sitting in an ambulance, with his hair and face covered in dust and blood. He didn’t even cry. He just sat there in shock.
Difficult words: rubble (pieces of a broken building), target (to hit in an attack), several (a few).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos