Boy Is Taped to a Wall – level 3
Sometimes mothers threaten their children, such as when they cannot clean or cook because their children are running around. One mother took this too far.
An eighteen-year-old mother from Ohio taped her two-year-old son to the wall with his mouth taped shut, so she would be able to do some housework. She even put footage of this on social media. At one point of the video, you can hear the boy trying to cry.
The police received a tip-off about the footage and arrested the mother. The police took her son into custody for his own safety.
Difficult words: threaten (when you try to frighten somebody), footage (a video), tip-off (secret information given to the police), take intocustody (when parents do not look after their child well and someone else must do it).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.