Boy Joins Pope at Vatican – level 1
The Pope is speaking at the Vatican. A six-year old boy comes on the stage with him. He wants to play. The Pope tells his guards that it is OK. The boy is mute.
The Pope talks about the boy. He says that the boy cannot speak. However, the boy can ‘express himself’. He says that the boy ‘is free’.
The boy’s mother takes him off of the stage. Everyone loves the little boy. The Pope prays for him.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.