Boy Scouts and Sexual Abuse – level 2
A professor reviewed the Boy Scouts’ files over concerns of sexual abuse. From that review, a victims’ rights law firm is accusing almost 8,000 Boy Scout leaders of sexual abuse to over 12,000 children.
The firm is filing lawsuits in New Jersey and in New York.
The Boy Scouts of America said that it wants to protect children. The organisation says that it reports all suspected abuse, it has required trainings, it investigates the people who work for it, and it has a database to record peoples’ behaviour.
Difficult words: abuse (doing something bad to a person’s body), victim’s rights law firm (a group of lawyers who want to help victims – people who were hurt), accuse (say that someone did something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.