Boy “sees” with sound – level 1
This news is about a six-year old boy. He is blind. His parents want to help him. They go see a man.
The man teaches the boy to “see” with sound. First, you make a sound. This sound moves through the air. When the sound hits an object, it bounces back. The sound moves back to you. You hear this sound and understand it. The type of sound tells about the object.
The boy learns fast. He can “see” with sound. He can go to school without his parents. He can have a normal life.
Difficult words: blind (cannot see), object (thing), bounce (move quickly).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Amazing, isn’t it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos