Boy sleepwalks into the woods – level 1
This news is about a boy. He is from Poland. He is only two years old. He sleepwalks. He leaves the house and goes into the forest.
Outside, it is very cold. The temperature is down to -7 degrees. The boy’s body temperature is only 12°C. His heart beats very slowly.
The boy is lucky because people found him. He goes to hospital. Doctors say that he will be OK. One doctor talks to the boy. He says that he is very smart.
Difficult words: sleepwalk (to walk when you are sleeping), beat (make a movement), smart (clever).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this incident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos