Boy sleepwalks into the woods – level 2
A two-year-old boy from Poland was sleepwalking and wandered into the woods. It was really cold outside. The temperature was down to -7 degrees.
The boy wore only socks and a pyjama top. His body temperature fell to 12°C and his heart beat very slowly. However, this story has a happy ending. People found the little boy and he is now in hospital. Doctors say that he will make a full recovery.
A doctor said that it is a miracle that the boy is alive. After the boy woke up from a coma, the doctor talked to him. He said that the boy is a smart kid.
Difficult words: wander (to move without a reason to go somewhere), full recovery (when somebody is as strong as he was before), coma (when the body goes into a type of sleep that it cannot wake up from for a long time).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this incident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.