Boy’s broken neck – level 1
A boy is in a car crash. He is only 16 months old. The boy is badly injured. His neck is broken. This happens in Australia.
Doctors operate on the boy. The operation is successful. The boy’s head is connected to his spine.
The boy’s mother calls this a miracle. Other doctors call this a miracle, too.
Difficult words: injured (to have problems with the body), successful (something successful is done well), spine (a series of bones which go down your back), miracle (something amazing).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Amazing, isn’t it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.