Boy’s broken neck – level 2
A 16-months-old Australian boy was in a car crash with his mother and sister. The boy was badly injured – his neck was broken.
Doctors in Brisbane operated on him for six hours to reattach his head to the spine. The operation was led by a doctor who in Australia is known as the “godfather of spinal surgery”.
The boy’s mother and other doctors called the operation a miracle.
The little boy has to wear a brace over his head for eight weeks.
Difficult words: reattach (to attach – to connect something again), spine (the series of bones which go down your back), brace (a thing which stops you from moving a body part too much).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Amazing, isn’t it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.