Brazilian farmers are happy – level 2
Farmers in Brazil started to plant corn and soybean, and it seems that next year’s crops will do very well.
In recent months, the weather in Brazil was very dry, and farmers did not expect that it would change. Then it did. It started to rain a few weeks ago, and the ground got wet. It was very good news for farmers, who quickly started planting.
If the rain continues to come, next year will be very good for Brazilian farmers. The weather looks good, and it seems that it will rain in the coming weeks. Farmers believe that next year will be special, and their crops will do better after many years.
Difficult words: plant (to put seeds or plants in the ground so that they can grow), soybean (a bean which grows in Asia and America, and it is a food for people and animals, too), crops (fruit, vegetables, or grains which farmers pick from their fields).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos