Brazilian Prison Massacre – level 2
A riot broke out in a prison in a Brazilian northern state. People think that it was a fight between gangs.
Police came to the prison. They found some prisoners beheaded or cut to pieces. At least 60 prisoners died.
The police found a hole in a wall. The prisoners used the hole to move weapons inside.
Difficult words: riot (fighting, chaos), break out (start), behead (cut a head off).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.