Breivik at court – level 1
This news is about Anders Breivik. He is from Norway. He is an extremist. He kills 77 people in Norway.
Breivik goes to prison. He has a special cell. There are three rooms in his cell. He even has a television and a computer. He can go outside. He cannot see his family. Breivik doesn’t like this. He sues Norway.
People make a court in Breivik’s prison. He comes to the court. He does the Nazi salute. This means he puts his arm in the air. The court says that everything is OK in Breivik’s prison.
Difficult words: extremist (a person with extreme and often dangerous political views), cell (a prisoner’s room/rooms), sue (to say that somebody did something wrong and take him or her to court), court (the place where people say if somebody did or did not do something wrong).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about Anders Brevik’s prison?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.