Bridge Collapses in India – level 1
In Bihar, India, there is a lot of flooding under a bridge.
The water makes the bridge fall down. Unfortunately there are people on the bridge. They fall into the water. Some of them are able to get out of the water. Some of them are gone.
In India, Nepal, and Bangladesh, floods killed over 250 people. People must leave their villages with only suitcases.
In South Asia floods affect more than 16 million people. People who flee still have problems. They can get sick, they can get hungry, they can die.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the violence in the world?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.