Bridge Collapses in India – level 2
In Bihar, India, a bridge collapsed from raging floodwater, and people were on the bridge at the time. Some people climbed up on the other side, but we do not know what happened to all of them.
Floods have killed over 250 people in India, Nepal, and Bangladesh, and they have devastated villages. People have left with only their suitcases.
Across South Asia, the flooding affected more than 16 million people. Those who had to leave are now at risk of illness, hunger, and death.
Difficult words: raging (strong), floodwater (water that covers a place in a flood), devastated (destroyed).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the violence in the world?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos