Bridge connects Russia and China – level 2
Russia and China opened a new bridge that connects two cities across the Amur river.
After the Ukraine war started, and sanctions hit Russia, the country has to do more business with China. Russian officials said that the world was separated, and the bridge brought Russia and China closer together. The bridge cut the distance between the two countries by 1,500 kilometers.
Workers started to build the bridge in 2016, and they finished it two years ago. The bridge opened now because of the coronavirus pandemic.
A few weeks before opening the bridge for trucks and cars, a railway bridge also between the two countries opened.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.