Bridge Falls Down – level 1
People are building a bridge in Colombia. There are 21 workers at the bridge. The bridge falls down.
Ten people die. Authorities try to find out if more people are missing.
Difficult words: authorities (somebody in a position of authority or who is a leader – the police, for example), find out (to get information about something), be missing (if you are missing, people do not know where you are and if you are OK).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.