Bridge in Germany falls down – level 1
This news is from Bavaria. Bavaria is a state in southern Germany. People build a bridge. A part of it falls down.
The piece is 40 metres long. It falls 20 metres. This happens when there are workers on the bridge. One worker dies. The bridge injures twelve workers.
Ambulances come to the site. There are four helicopters, too. They transport the people to hospital.
Difficult words: injure (make problems with a body), site (a place).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.