Bridge in Germany falls down – level 2
Last Wednesday, a bridge, which was under construction in Bavaria, Germany collapsed. A 40-metre part of the bridge fell 20 metres to the ground while construction workers were working on the site. One worker died and the bridge injured another 12.
Police are not sure how many people may still be trapped under the rubble. Four helicopters and many ambulances came to transport the injured to hospital.
Difficult words: site (a place), trapped (stuck, unable to move), rubble (pieces of stone, brick, concrete, etc.).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.