Britain bans dangerous dogs – level 2
Prime Minister Rishi Sunak announced that the American XL bully dog breed will face a ban in the UK by the end of the year.
This decision follows a series of attacks and a recent fatality caused by an XL bully dog attack, which many people consider a threat, especially to children. Currently, the UK law doesn’t define this kind of dog, and it is necessary to make the American XL bully illegal dogs through a new law. This will be the first ban since the government introduced the Dangerous Dogs Act in 1991.
Many people say that the ban is important because it will keep people safe. But some animal welfare organizations worry about the ban. The ban starts, the police will be able to take action against dangerous XL bully dogs.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What impact could the ban of American XL bully dogs have on animal welfare organizations in the UK?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.