Britain bans dangerous dogs – level 3
The American XL bully dog breed is set to be banned in the UK by the end of the year, according to Prime Minister Rishi Sunak.
This decision comes after a series of attacks involving XL bully dogs, which are considered a danger to communities, especially children. The breed is not currently defined in the law, so new legislation is being proposed to make it the first breed to be banned since 1991 when the Dangerous Dogs Act was introduced. Recent incidents, including a fatal attack, have prompted the ban.
Critics argue that the ban is necessary to protect public safety, while others, including some animal welfare organizations, express concerns about the lack of data supporting the decision and potential challenges in enforcing the ban. The ban would allow police to take action against dangerous XL bully dogs while providing exemptions for responsible owners.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What are the potential challenges in enforcing the XL bully dog breed ban?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.