Britain’s biggest cruise ship – level 1
This news is about a ship. It is very big. It is 1,082 feet (330 metres) long. It is a cruise ship. It cost 473 million pounds.
This ship is Britain’s biggest ship. A lot of people welcomed it when it came to Britain. The people had little flags of the United Kingdom. They waved the flags when the ship came.
Difficult words: cruise ship (a ship which is for fun), flag (the official picture of a country), wave (to move in the air).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever been on a cruise ship?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.