Britain’s new prime minister – level 1
Britain has a new prime minister. She is Liz Truss. Truss becomes the new leader of the Conservative Party. She beats Rishi Sunak. She is the fourth prime minister of the Conservative Party since 2015.
Truss is in a most difficult position. The country is having many problems right now. The cost of living is very high. Energy prices are growing. Britain needs gas from Russia. Gas from Russia is very expensive because of the war in Ukraine.
Truss says that she will solve the problems. She will lower taxes. She promises that she will solve the problem with energy supplies.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.