British Pompeii – level 2
In England, archaeologists found a 3000-year-old wooden wheel. It is very well-preserved. It is the oldest and most complete wheel found in Britain.
It is only one of many finds at the site near Cambridgeshire. Last month, experts discovered pieces of food in bowls. Somebody was eating the food when a fire destroyed the village. One archaeologist said that it was like stepping into somebody’s life or somebody’s home.
These discoveries give archaeologists a new picture about the way people lived between 1100-800 bc. The team who is working there calls the site a British version of the Roman town of Pompeii.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the history at the British Pompeii?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.