British Prime Minister – level 3
Theresa May stepped down as UK’s prime minister and Boris Johnson took her place. Last Wednesday on July 24th, he gave his first speech as the British prime minister.
He thanked Theresa May for her service and shut down Brexit naysayers. He said that his administration is going to restore trust in British democracy and that Britain is going to leave the EU on October 31st.
The new Brexit deal that Johnson promised will let the UK develop a new partnership with the rest of Europe ‘based on free trade and mutual support’. He also promised hospital upgrades, more police officers in the streets and ‘superb’ education.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.