British tourists killed in Thailand – level 2
Two tourists from Britain were on holiday in Thailand. People discovered their bodies semi-naked on a beach. Nearby, there was a hoe that was covered in blood. Experts will analyse their bodies and then return them to their families.
Police released a security camera video of a man. He is the suspect in the murder of the two people. Detectives now question three migrant workers from Burma.
Difficult words: semi- (half), hoe (gardening tool), suspect (person who is possibly guilty of a crime).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.