Britney Spears free again – level 3
Born in 1981, Britney Spears is an American singer, songwriter, and actress who influenced the revival of teen pop during the 1990s and 2000s. People often referred to her as the Princess of Pop.
In 2005 and 2006, she gave birth to her sons Sean and Federline; however, in 2006, she filed for divorce from her husband Kevin Federline. They reached an agreement to share joint custody of their sons.
Then, Spears was admitted to several drug rehabilitation facilities, and in 2007, she lost custody of her sons to Federline. In 2008, a court placed Spears under conservatorship of her father James Spears, giving him complete control of her life and assets for 13 years.
Now, Britney’s father is stepping down from the conservatorship. According to his lawyer, there are no actual reasons to suspend or remove him; however, James Spears is responding to the public battle and a petition for his suspension.
Difficult words: revival (the process of becoming popular again after a long period of time), joint custody (an agreement which means that both parents share equal responsibilities for their children), conservatorship (the appointment of a guardian by a judge to manage the financial affairs and daily life of another person).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos