Bruce Willis retires – level 1
Bruce Willis is an American actor. He is 67 years old. He ends his job. He is ill.
Willis has a disease called aphasia. A person with aphasia has problems with language. He has difficulty to speak. He can’t understand what people say or write.
Now it is impossible for Willis to work as an actor. His family says that Willis retires.
Willis becomes famous in the 1980s. He plays in the TV series ‘Moonlighting’. He plays in five ‘Die Hard’ films. He becomes very popular in all the world. His fans love him. The news about Willis’s disease is a shock for them.
Difficult words: disease (a situation when a part of the body doesn’t work as usual, and the person becomes ill), retire (to stop working, usually after working many years), shock (bad or surprising news or event which somebody doesn’t expect).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos