Bruce Willis retires – level 2
On Wednesday, the family of American actor Bruce Willis announced that he suffers from aphasia.
Aphasia is a disease which impacts a person’s ability to speak and to understand what other people speak or write. The disease usually starts after a stroke or a head injury. If a person has aphasia and he works in a job with language, it can cause a big impact on his work. For that reason, Willis decided to retire.
The 67-year-old actor became famous in the 1980s thanks to the TV series ‘Moonlighting’. He then played in five ‘Die Hard’ films, which made him an international star. He played in more than 100 films, and eight of them were in 2021. They weren’t Willis’s best films, but fans still loved the actor, and the news about his disease shocked them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.