Buildings Without Lights – level 3
Lights on many landmarks all over the world were switched off to celebrate Earth Hour. It was part of a campaign, and the aim was to bring attention to climate change.
The 10th anniversary of Earth Hour was celebrated with spectacular displays. 170 countries and territories took part by switching off most of the lights on their landmarks.
Difficult words: landmark (a tall building that is well-known in some area), aim (a plan), spectacular display (a big show).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.