Bus–Church in Russia – level 3
A bus turned into a mobile church brings hop-on services to Christians living in remote villages in Russia’s Tatarstan Republic.
For many worshippers, a journey to the nearest church is simply too far, and that is why Father Andrei Streblov created a mobile version. He said that he used to travel with a tent, but bad weather made that difficult. Additionally, the bus is decked out with icons, an altar and spires – just like a regular church.
He travels once a week and the number of people there attending his services is increasing.
Difficult words: remote (far from a town), decked out (decorated, coved in), icon (a painting of Christ or a saint), altar (the table in a Christian church that is the most important location of the church), spire (a little tower on a church).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.