Bus Crash in India – level 1
More than 20 young children die in a bus crash. It happens in northern India. The children are between the ages of three and twelve. They are travelling to school.
The accident happens when a big car full of sand hits the school bus. It happens early in the morning. Twenty-four other children are injured in the accident, too. The police say that the drivers cannot see because there is too much fog.
The state’s authorities close all schools in the area before this accident. They close all schools because the weather is so bad. They do not know why this school is open. They have to find out more information about it.
Difficult words: injured (when you have a problem with your body after an accident), fog (clouds that sit on the ground), authorities (bosses).
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.