Bus on fire – level 1
This happens in the USA. A school bus catches fire. It drives to a primary school. No children are on the bus.
The driver pulls over. He leaves the bus. He is not injured. The bus is in flames. At one moment, it moves to a fire engine. It is a dangerous situation, but the bus does not touch the fire engine. We don’t know why the fire happened. People try to understand.
Difficult words: pull over (move to the side of the road), injured (have problems with the body), fire engine (big car that stops fire).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Did you go by bus to school?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.