Bus on fire – level 2
A school bus caught on fire on a busy highway in Minnesota. Luckily, no children were on board. The bus was on its way to a primary school. The driver was able to pull over and exit before the entire bus was in flames. He was not injured.
At one point, the bus moved dangerously close to a parked fire engine. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Difficult words: Luckily (a good thing), pull over (move to the side of the road), fire engine (fire truck).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Did you go by bus to school?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos