Bus on fire – level 3
A school bus dramatically caught on fire on a busy highway in Minnesota, but luckily no children were on board.
The bus reportedly started smoking then burst into flames near interstate 94 and the driver was able to pull over and exit before the entire vehicle was engulfed in flames.
At one point, the bus rolled dangerously close to a parked fire engine.
The bus driver escaped with no injuries. According to reports, the bus was en route to a local primary school and the cause of the fire is under investigation.
Difficult words: pull over (move to the side of the road), engulf (completely surround something), en route (on the way).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos