Bus Overturns in Taiwan – level 2
A coach was carrying Japanese tourists in central Taiwan when it overturned. It was the strong winds from Typhoon Megi.
At least seven passengers were injured. They were taken to a local hospital. They were between 50 and 60 years old.
Typhoon Megi is the third typhoon to hit Taiwan recently. It already killed more than four people. Hundreds more were injured, and millions of homes have no power. Bus and subway services are suspended, and international flights are cancelled.
People think that the typhoon will move across Taiwan to China.
Difficult words: coach (a bus for long travels), suspend (stop), cancel (stop).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos