Business Deal in North America – level 2
House Democrats agreed to approve a new business deal between the US, Mexico, and Canada.
On Tuesday, the spokesperson of the Democrats said that this deal is much better than the previous deal which the administration proposed. The Democrats did not agree with the deal’s regulations about environment and labor laws. They did not want to approve the deal until Mexico changed workers’ rights. The situation changed after a recent meeting of Mexico and US officials.
Before the new deal can start, the US government must approve it.
Difficult words: approve (to officially accept something), administration (a leader’s group of people who help him or her), environment (the natural world), labor law (a law about the rights of workers).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos