Business world news – level 3
The world and the markets are in a very different place from last February when Russia’s invasion of Ukraine started.
Senior politicians and military leaders are debating the West’s further response to the war in Ukraine. The Security Conference in Munich, Germany, came days before the anniversary of Russia’s invasion, a conflict that reshaped commodity and energy flows and pushed up inflation and funding pressures globally.
European stocks have risen in line with the recovery in business sentiment and activity, and the region may escape recession. The European Central Bank may decide to keep raising rates due to high inflation.
Difficult international discussions over debt forgiveness get underway in India. Top of the agenda is the G20 Common Framework debt pact to allow the restructuring of low-income countries’ debts after the global health crisis.
Difficult words: commodity (a substance or product that can be traded, bought, or sold), business sentiment (the overall health of the business environment), debt forgiveness (when a country or organization forgives a debt that doesn’t have to be paid back).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think will happen at the Security Conference in Munich?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.