Cable car crash – level 1
A cable car crash happens in Italy on Sunday. The cable car goes from the town of Stresa near Lake Maggiore. It travels up to a mountain. The mountain is 1,400 meters high. The way is 20 minutes long.
A cable breaks just before the end of the way. One cabin falls down 20 meters. It rolls down the hill. Trees stop the cabin.
14 people die. A helicopter takes two children to hospital. Officials must find out what happens.
The cable car opens again not long ago. People check it. Everything seems fine. Nobody knows why the cable breaks.
Difficult words: cable car (a special lift which takes people up and down a mountain), cabin (a thing which hangs on a cable and in which people sit and they travel up and down a mountain), roll (to turn over and over).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.