California After Fires – level 2
A company called PG&E gives gas and electricity to people in California. In 2017 and 2018, its equipment accidentally makes wildfires start. It is a big disaster for people in California. PG&E have money problems after the fires.
Thousands of people want some money as compensation. About 100,000 people can get some money, but about 70,000 people must still officially ask for compensation. The problem is that they have to do this before next Monday.
Lawyers want to postpone the date. Lawyers also say that many people do not understand the process. Some people do not believe that they can get some money.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.