Camel Racing in Jordan – level 1
Camels and their trainers come to a desert in Jordan. They come to race. Camel racing is a tradition in Jordan. Crowds come to watch. The racers want to win money. The winner receives 400 Dinars (564 dollars).
Children cannot race in Jordan. Trainers use small radio-controlled jockeys on the camels.
After Ramadan, the camels race again.
Difficult words: radio-controlled jockey (a small thing that rides on an animal instead of a person and the trainer uses a controller to move it), Ramadan (the ninth and holy month of the Muslim year).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.