Can Schools Open Again? – level 3
As schools around the world are beginning to reopen after the coronavirus pandemic, the question on many parent’s minds remains. Is it safe for kids to return to school?
Deborah Birx is a coordinator of the White House Coronavirus Task Force and she suggests that in the case of the US, it really depends on where the school is. US schools begin to reopen next month, and many school districts rely on information from the CDC, the US health protection agency, how to safely reopen.
However, Birx said that the agency sent mixed messages, and schools needed to look on CDC’s website for the current guidelines. Each school is different, as some schools may be in areas where outdoor classrooms are possible, and some schools may have a large gym that could be sectioned.
In any case, fans and air circulation are also important to consider.
Difficult words: mixed message (a message or communication that is unclear and can be interpreted in many ways), guideline (a general rule or piece of advice), sectioned (divided into separate parts or areas), air circulation (the movement of air).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.